Sunday, September 2, 2007

Bucharest

The city itself might be what one would consider a diamond in the rough! Although there are several hidden treasures, they are not apparent to the casual eye! Upon arrival, I was a bit deflated and disappointed at the lack of European beauty; however, my perspective is slowly changing. The block my apartment is on is a little shabby and very much under construction. My apartment building is a worn looking gray cement, and there are not flowery balconies or tuscan colors. Walking into the entrance leaves a very sterile feeling but it quickly warms as you enter into the actual apartment. If you venture past my now humble abode, you will quickly discover a more clean, warm portion of the city. The main streets, like any city, have boutiques as well as closed store fronts. One might find a high end clothing store next to an abandoned bakery. I will attempt to attach photographs once I learn how to!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey said...

Hey Al! It sounds like Bucharest needs your friendly smile and chipper personality to brighten a gloomy city. Maybe Romania needs a small town country girl to show them how to be friendly! Don't let the big city get you down. We all miss you here. I hope that you are having a wonderful time traveling with your mom and that you find more treasures along the way. Keep in touch when you have the chance!
Love and miss you!!!!
Linz