Friday, July 11, 2008

Farewell to Romania

One final thought......It has been one heck of a ride!

I will be departing this fine country in less than seven hours and must say I do so with a few pangs of sadness. Don't get me wrong, there are no regrets, but I do mourn the loss of my European experience just a bit.

Romania, specifically Bucharest, has managed to get under my skin! Although not always an enjoyable city, it does have a buzz which will be hard to find in any other location. I began my time here disliking this place; however, as I depart I've discovered dislike can turn to acceptance, which in turn grows into contentment and finally appreciation for all its quirkiness.

I have only a few more stories to share. In order to build your anticipation and longing for this fantastic blog, you will have to wait until I have a more reliable Internet connection and have slept off the jet-lag!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

What a great experience you have had. I am sure that it will be an experience that you will not forget. What are you doing when you get back to the states? I am sure that another wonderful journey awaits you:)

Terry Love said...

Full circle! I know it doesn't feel that long, but to me it sure does. Not how long I've been gone, but how long it's been since we talked, face to face. One of the many things I'm looking forward to in the future. Welcome home Al.

Eastern Wyoming Fine Arts Council said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What a great journey! I have been keeping up with your travel and lived vicariously though you and this great blog--I think you have a future as a writer. Where are you now? I'd love to see you!